Monday, February 6, 2012

DAVID B. DAHLQUIST






David B. Dahlquist is a nationally recognized public artist and instructor at RDG Dahlquist Art Studio in Des Moines, Iowa. This is the High Trestle Trail Bridge in Madrid, Iowa that runs over the Des Moines River. The geometric shape and movement through the piece was inspired by the Iowa landscape. The rust color of the metal against the natural background of trees and Iowa landscape is my favorite part of this sculptural piece. I have never been but it is on my list of places to visit in Iowa this summer! Class trip anyone : )?!?!

Sounds like a good field trip to me, if we went toward sunset we could see it with some lights. . . We can rent a school van, but then have to pay mileage as well, unless we have enough people with cars that would want to drive- I can take 4, plus driver= me : )
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment