Sunday, December 15, 2013

Iowa Art Teacher

I found this neat article online about a high-school art teacher (in Council Bluffs!) that built an anagama kiln with his students. What a seriously amazing opportunity for those students. It sounds like it was quite a bit of work, as I would imagine, but was a lot of fun and provided lots of learning experiences for the students. Most teachers don't have the budget or time to do anything more than pieces fired in an electric kiln once a year, so this teachers determination and enthusiasm is all the more awe inspiring. I'm not sure that I would be ambitious/knowledgeable/comfortable-around-fire enough to attempt something like this (sorry future students :)), but I am crazy impressed with this guy!

http://ceramicartsdaily.org/firing-techniques/wood-kiln-firing/building-an-anagama-kiln-for-a-high-school-ceramics-class/




No comments:

Post a Comment