Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"Seize your Limitations" -Phil Hansen

Phil Hansen is a multi media artist that I found on YouTube. His art is amazing because he uses different techniques to create his artwork. I encourage you to check out some of his artwork at his YouTube channel here ---> Philinthecircle

I've been following Phil's work for about 5 years now, and he just recently did a TED talks which was about seizing your limitations. Here's the video ---> Phil Hansen: The Art of the Imperfect

This past year I was able to be a part of one of his art projects in which he drew your facebook profile, and put all of the images together to make a portrait of himself. I was lucky enough to have him draw me! Here's the link to the art project ---> Facebook Art Project

This is the picture he drew of me!

Phil has been a huge inspiration in all of the work I create because he's taught me to look outside of the box. I try to think of different ways to do things, and to be a part of one of his projects was a great honor. Also, he just did another TED talks this past month, which should be coming out soon I hope!!

No comments:

Post a Comment