Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I came across this website while I was looking for inspiration for my next pieces. All of the ceramists listed on this page are extremely talented and I love their work. There was one who stood out in particular, Claudi Casanovas. A few of his pieces are photographed next to his biography and I really like how there is so much texture and layering involved.

Jim, some of these remind me of your work that you have in your studio. Those huge crackled, wood fired(?) plates. I think you would like a lot of this work.

Here is the link to the website:
http://www.galeriebesson.co.uk/casanovas.html


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting. Seeing a work like this- is always sad, because we're not able to see it in person. I remember doing an art history paper on some of Anselm Kiefer's work- and then years later seeing his work in person at the Museum in San Francisco and they were something more- entirely : )

    ReplyDelete